Last updated: 18/07/2022
Here at Jones AV, the security and privacy of our customers are of the utmost importance. We are committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
When we talk about “Jones AV”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Jones AV Limited. We are registered in the UK with Companies House (06686955), our registered address is 28-30 Grange Road West, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 4DA. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016, the data controller is Jones AV Limited, we are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) (Z2640756).
If we mention third party companies within this policy, these are separate and individual companies that are not part of Jones AV and therefore are not bound by this policy. We would suggest that you review their Privacy Policies.
What information is being collected and why is it being collected?
Jones AV may collect, process and hold your personal data in different ways, depending on the type of information. You do not have to provide us with this information, but if you don’t, we may be unable to purchase goods from us.
The list below set this out in detail, showing what data we collect and why:
- Name and contact details (including email address and telephone number)
- We must take these details for us to perform our contract. We will use your name and contact details to enable us to fulfil your order (take payment, update you regarding the order, ship the order to you).
- We will use these details for any order management issues we have, this is to enable us to perform our contract.
- We are required to keep a record of any transactions such as purchases or refunds for 6 years for legal requirements.
- We may ask you if you wish to be emailed promotions, offers and events when you create an account on our website. We use a third-party product, Moosend, to help us manage and send out communications. It is our legitimate interest to promote our products of which we believe you may be interested in, to enable us to sell our products. You may give your consent when signing up to our email newsletter and you can opt-out of this at any time.
- Jones AV will use this information to detect and prevent fraud, it is our legitimate interest to protect ourselves from fraud and other crimes.
- To provide you with an invoice, this is to enable us to perform our contract.
- We will use this information to send you information required by law, such as product recalls, this is a legal obligation and we do not need your consent to send this however these will not include any promotional content.
- Payment Details
- If you decide to purchase a product from us Paypal will process the purchase on our behalf. We require this information to enable us to process and complete your order and perform our contract with you.
- Marketing consents
- We will keep a record of what consents you have provided us in relation to marketing. If you decide to withdraw consent, we will also record this along with the original consent provided.
- Your device information, information about how you use our website, preferences, browsing history and cookies provided when you browse our website
- We gather feedback on how the website is used and analyse the data in order to understand our users and provide a better user experience.
- When you consent to cookies, we will use them to show you advertising on Social Media platforms such as Facebook or third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use.
Who has access to my information?
A small number of our employees to enable them to complete tasks within their role and on your behalf.
Who will my information be shared with?
In order for us to provide our services to you, we will share your data in the following ways;
- Our store is hosted on the servers of Profihost GmbH webhosting using Shopware AG. Shopware AG provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored on the servers of Profihost GmbH in Germany, stored through Profishost's data storage, databases and the general Shopware application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more insight, you may read about their data processing information and security measures at https://www.shopware.com/en/gtc#18 and https://www.profihost.com/fakten.
- The feedback collected about the use of our website is shared with service providers that help us collect and analyse the data, including Google and Hotjar. You can read more about their approach to privacy here https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and here https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/.
- The email address provided for newsletter is shared with Moosend, our email marketing provider. Please find more information here: https://moosend.com/trust/privacy-policy/
- We may share your data with professional service providers, such as IT providers, marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business and deliver our marketing and advertising to you, including third party print companies for mailing purposes.
- We may share your personal information to a third party as part of a sale, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, restructure of all or a portion of the business. Or if we are under a duty to disclose this to comply with any legal obligations, lawful requests, court orders or regulatory requirements.
- We may also share your personal information to protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties; or relating to investigating and preventing fraud.
What are my rights over my information?
The Right to Access: You have the right to access any information that we hold about you and you can do this by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR). We have one month from receipt of your request to provide the information you have asked for and, in most cases, will be free of charge. To protect your information, we will need to verify your identity before providing any personal data. We may also ask you to provide us some additional voluntary information to help us process your request more efficiently.
The Right to Erasure: Also known as the "right to be forgotten". Unless we have a reason for keeping your personal information (for example, where we need this to provide a service to you or deal with an ongoing complaint), you can request for us to stop holding your personal information. If we need to hold on to your information we will tell you when we respond.
For more information on your individual rights and how to use them, you can visit the Information Commissioners Office website; https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
How long do you retain my information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as you have an account with us or as needed to provide any products or services to you. Our general retention period is up to 6 years to retain information, however, there may be times when we hold data for longer such as by law or regulations, to resolve any disputes or to prevent fraud or abuse. We also retain any consent options and marketing preferences you provide us with.
We will appropriately dispose of any information you have provided in a confidential and secure manner once it is no longer required.
Like many other websites, our website used cookies. Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or device and from your computer or device to us each time you visit our website. They are unique to your browser however do not identify you as an individual. Session-based cookies last only whilst your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or they expire.
How do I turn off cookies?
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences - please see your browser help page for assistance with this. Disabling some or all cookies may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Please see our Cookies Policy for more information on how and why we collect cookies.
Jones AV protects personal information against unauthorised access (both physical and logical), when you give us your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other businesses, these websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to check these policies prior to submitting any personal information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies and the practices of a third-party website even if you have to access them using links from our website.
Transferring Your Information Outside of the UK
The information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK, for example, as we use the Cloud to hold our data it is likely that your personal information won’t be held in the UK but it will be held in the EU. The General Data Protection Regulation applies to all EU countries including the UK, even post Brexit, meaning that all countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information.
If you use our services while you are outside of the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to provide the service to you.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Jones AV monitors compliance with its privacy policies and procedures and has procedures in place to address any privacy-related complaints or disputes.
What Rules do we abide by?
As we are based in the UK we are required to comply with UK and European legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (April 2016) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Act 2003. For further information on these acts, please visit www.ico.gov.uk.
What can I do if I have a Complaint about how you use my data?
We would like to hear your concerns first, so we can try to put things right for you. You can contact us by using our details below or you can use the details within our complaints policy.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at ico.gov.uk or via telephone on 0303 123 1113.
Contacting Jones AV
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions in relation to this policy or our practices by using the details below;
In Writing: Jones AV Limited, 1-3 Westbourne Road, Birkenhead, CH41 4FN.
By Email: email@example.com